Follow by Email

Monday, August 24, 2015

Reviews~KAGE UNLEASHED by Maris Black





My name is Jamie Atwood, and I am an idiot. Against all odds, I got the attention of Michael Kage, the hottest MMA fighter on the planet. To say he rocked my world would be an understatement. He transformed me completely, made me depend on him, and made me love him. And the sex? Let me put it this way: I'd never been with a guy before I met Kage, but I'd gladly spend the rest of my life on my knees for him. He is my obsession and my addiction. But I did something stupid, and now I'm paying for it. I don't know if I'll ever see Kage again.
***
Being Michael Kage was never easy. Too many demons, too much anger, and not enough to live for. And then I met Jamie Atwood. He's got this innocence about him that speaks to something deep down inside me- in a place that's never been touched by anyone. He's beautiful, smart, and courageous, and he hasn't been tainted by the darkness that's ruled my life. I wanted him from the first second I laid eyes on him. It's selfish, I know. Because you can't bring an innocent thing into the darkness and not expect something to rub off.

LIVE!!!









KAGE Unleashed (KAGE Trilogy, #2)
Let me get the negative out of the way first.
I thought the first chapter, though I did learn an awesome new word/term, was really repetitive, a lot of the internal dialogue could have been cut down. Kage just had a lot of back and forth,stay or go, and it just seemed like a bit too much.

That being said, once you hit chapter 2, it is a whirlwind of intenseness, and I loved every minute of it. There is a LOT about Kage that we don't know, and while this book gave you glimpses, there is still so much more under that sexy, dangerous surface.

I definitely feel Michael Kage is being played by his uncle and therapist. Let me just say, I CANNOT STAND that B!@#$!!!! She's no good, and her license should be revoked. What I did love is how Kage is standing up for himself and isn't just sitting back and letting his uncle dictate his future anymore.

There is a lot going on in this book, and yet there is still so much to tell. I am sorry (not sorry) to say that yes, this one also ends on a major cliffhanger. Which makes me, again, sooo anxious for the next book. Hopefully we won't have to wait long!

I give this book 4.5 Jamie's ass stars!!!!

View all my reviews





Maris has brought it again, as Jason would say "She's in it to win it" and now she continues her mission in KageUnleashed. 
This book starts off kinda slow but then it hits, it hits like a right upper cut. 

We get a little more insight into Michael Kage, just enough to have you begging for more. At the end of book one I was a little pissed off at Jamie, he was acting like a little bitch. Found that I heart-ed Mr. Atwood and Layla, and yes Cameron.

This book picks up at the end of book 1, we enter to world of body cutting and the UFC.I know nothing about UFC fighting so this was an experience for me. This book like the first ends in a major cliffie, but even though I have to wait until December to get the the last book of the trilogy, Kage Unleashed is a winner in my book.

5 (ง'̀-'́)ง TapOut (ง'̀-'́)ง STARS

****This book was given to me by the author for an honest review***


No comments:

Post a Comment