Five Fun Facts about New Heights
· I haven’t actually been to the little New York airport this book is set in, so I had to use Google Earth to figure out what it looked like. Even so, a lot of its design relies on the fact that all airports are basically the same.
· When getting into the mood to write this book, I listened to a lot of Silversun Pickups and Coheed & Cambria.
· I originally wrote a scene where my character Mika described one time he had sex in a public bathroom, but I ended up cutting it because it didn’t fit the mood of the story.
· I usually race through writing novellas, but this one took an unusually long time to finish. I added lots of little details that I hope shine through. Mostly puns that will probably make everyone groan, ha ha.
· I briefly considered titling this “Up in the Air,” but that seemed more suited to a book about juggling or acrobatics.
About Quinn Anderson
To celebrate the release of New Heights, one lucky winner will receive a $10 Riptide credit! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on March 17, 2018. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!